Malaysia Airlines Terror Fears Missing Plane

492 replies to this topic

#1 breezy

breezy

Elder Member

• Moderators
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Terror fears over missing 777 grow: Identities of ANOTHER two passengers probed as suspicion falls on four who booked through a Chinese airline amid report of flight's last 'mumbling' transmission
March 9, 2014

By Richard Shears and Lizzie Parry

• Authorities: four are believed to have traveled on stolen passports
  • The tickets they used were bought through a Chinese airline
  • Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 took off from Kuala Lumpur on Saturday
  • Vietnamese Navy detected an emergency signal 153 miles out to sea
  • Flight MH370 declared missing nearly 90 minutes after it was due to land
  • Malaysian Transport Minister: 'No crash site has been found'
  • 227 passengers and 12 crew were from 14 different countries
  • They included Malaysia, China, U.S., France, Canada and Australia
  • Three Americans, including two toddlers, feared dead
  • IBM employee Philip Wood, 51, identified as sole adult American on board
  • A Texas-based tech firm also says 20 of its employees were aboard
  • Vietnamese air force spot two oil slicks suspected to be from wreckage

"Fears that missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH307 may have been taken down by terrorists were heightened today after authorities confirmed the identities four passengers are now under investigation.

It comes as the chief of the Malaysian Air Force said that radar indicated the missing plane may have turned back before it crashed.

Malaysian Security officials earlier revealed they had footage of two passengers traveling on passports stolen in Thailand - one registered to an Italian and the other an Austrian - making their way through Kuala Lumpur passport control to the aircraft.

Malaysian security officers say they are currently verifying the identities of the two new people in question with the relevant embassies, but refused to elaborate further.

The passengers being checked had all bought their tickets through China Southern Airlines.

It follows reports that an anonymous pilot told Malaysian newspapers that he had heard a 'mumbled' last transmission from the aircraft - although this is contradicted by air traffic controllers who say there was no distress call.

U.S. officials also confirmed they have dispatched a team of safety experts including FBI agents to Southeast Asia to assist in the investigation of the Boeing 777, which disappeared shortly after takeoff with 239 people on board.

While the wreckage of the plane has still not been found, new photos of oil slicks in the South China Sea have emerged and a growing body of evidence is beginning to point towards a terrorist attack.

And dramatically, a second pilot who was in the skies over the South China Sea when the 777 vanished has spoken about hearing 'mumbling' at the other end of communications with the plane."

The captain, who asked to remain anonymous, told Malaysian media outlets he was asked to get in contact with the pilot flying the missing plane on an emergency frequency and establish their position.

He said he believes he spoke to the co-pilot, but that there were 'interference' and 'mumbling' before they lost the connection.

Earlier on Saturday, two oil slicks were spotted by the Vietnamese air force in the Gulf of Thailand, about 90 miles south of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island - the same area where the flight disappeared from radar."

snip  Images and more at link

http://www.dailymail...se-airline.html

Looks pretty definite to me.  Hope they find it, soon, and condolences to those families of all, not just the Americans on board this flight.

• Arc, LoneStarr, Lialilith and 3 others like this

In Lak'ech Ala K'in

#2 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:09 AM

I find this strange. The nsa is spying on almost everyone on this planet and yet we cannot locate this plane?
  • breezy, Cheetah9, LoneStarr and 4 others like this

Life is an echo.

#3 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:14 AM

Just seen this, not sure how accurate it is?

http://www.onewayjap... Somewhere.html
  • breezy, Cheetah9, Arc and 1 other like this

Life is an echo.

#4 Panther

Panther

Advanced Member

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 895 posts
  • LocationQueensland

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Weird. I see on gloop site that a relative phoned someone on the plane and the phone rings. It doesn't go to message bank nor say 'out of service' It just keeps ringing. Very odd.

• breezy, Arc, Imelda and 4 others like this

rainbow.png Chasin' that neon rainbow

#5 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

Weird. I see on gloop site that a relative phoned someone on the plane and the phone rings. It doesn't go to message bank nor say 'out of service' It just keeps ringing. Very odd.

That is strange, surely it would go to message phone or just have no signal. I guess no news is still good news.

• breezy, Cheetah9 and Arc like this

Life is an echo.

#6 LoneStarr

LoneStarr

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • LocationEvent Horizon

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

The plane - carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members - took off from Kuala Lumpur at 12.21am (4.21pm GMT) Saturday bound for Beijing, where it was expected to land at 6.30am (10.30pm GMT).

But after reaching 35,000ft and 120 nautical miles off the coast of the Malaysian town of Kota Bharu ("New Town/Fort") the plane vanished.

article-2576641-1C25956100000578-115_634

The MH370 was a 777 with 239 on board (227+12) took off at 12:21 on Saturn Day to land at 6:30 by way of it's 199' 11'' or 60,93 meter wing span and skills of a 27-year-old first officer.

"Either you had a catastrophic event that tore the airplane apart, or you had a criminal act"

Possible causes for a crash include:

Catastrophic structural failure This could have damaged the airframe or engines. Given the plane's impressive safety record, experts suggest this is unlikely.

Bad weather Planes are designed to fly though most severe storms, but poor weather has caused crashes in the past. However, the skies were clear in this case. 

Pilot disorientation The pilots could have taken the plane off autopilot and somehow gone course.

Failure of both engines In January 2008, a British Airways 777 crashed about 1,000 feet short of the runway at London's Heathrow Airport. There were no fatalities. Such a scenario is possible, but the plane could glide for up to 20 minutes, giving pilots plenty of time to make an emergency call. 

A bomb Several planes have been brought down by bombs. If the debris field is large it will indicate the plane broke apart high up.

Hijacking A traditional hijacking seems unlikely given that a plane's captors typically land at an airport and have some type of demand. But a 9/11-like hijacking is possible, with terrorists forcing the plane into the ocean.

Pilot suicide There were two large jet crashes in the late 1990s that investigators suspected were caused by pilots deliberately crashing.

Accidental shoot-down There have been two previous cases of passenger jets being brought down accidentally by the military

"The 777 has enjoyed one of the safest records of any jetliner built."

Malaysia Airlines did have an incident in August 2005 with a 777 flying from Perth, Australia, to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's largest city

While flying 38,000 feet above the Indian Ocean, the plane's software incorrectly measured speed and acceleration, causing the plane to suddenly shoot up 3,000 feet. The pilot disengaged the autopilot and descended and landed safely back in Perth.

A software update was quickly made on planes around the world and should also be on the above list of possible causes.

The 777 was the first twin-engine plane to be immediately certified to fly over the ocean as far as 180 minutes from any emergency landing airport.

Government safety regulators have determined that it could fly for nearly three hours on a single engine in the case of an emergency.

• breezy, Cheetah9, Arc and 2 others like this

#7 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 09 March 2014 - 02:59 PM

Just read this on Guardian website -

Vietnam’s Civil Aviation Authority says a navy plane has found parts suspected of belonging to the Malaysian Airlines plane, Reuters reports.

The sighting has not yet been confirmed by Malaysian Airlines, which said an hour ago that it was waiting for information from search and rescue teams.

• breezy, Cheetah9, Arc and 2 others like this

Life is an echo.

#8 breezy

breezy

Elder Member

• Moderators
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Malaysia Airlines crash: stolen passports were on Interpol database

March 9, 2014

The Telegraph's Beijing correspondent Malcolm Moore says Interpol has confirmed that at least two of the stolen passports used to travel on the Malaysia Airlines plane were on its database.

"The Civil Aviation chief in Kuala Lumpur said that there was still no sign of the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, more than a day after it disappeared off their radar.

The Telegraph's Beijing Correspondent Malcolm Moore said the discovery of four stolen passports being used on the flight had lead to the involvement of international counter terrorism agencies.

"Interpol has put out a statement saying it can confirm that at least two of those passports were on its database ... and that they're looking at the other ones as well,"

There have been several other hints as to what might have happened to the jet, with Vietnamese search teams saying they could have found part of the wreckage.

"There was a brief hope today when there were reports in the Vietnamese media that some aeroplane debris had been seen in the region ... but now that has been discounted."

snip  video and a bit more at link

http://www.telegraph...l-database.html

• Cheetah9, Arc, Shawn 1272 and 2 others like this

In Lak'ech Ala K'in

#9 Arc

Arc

Enter the Dragon

• CHANI Subscriber
  • 3,000 posts
  • LocationLost in space

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

The family of a Chinese passenger, missing on flight MH370, have made contact with his mobile phone. Malaysian authorities are trying to use the signal to locate the plane, Chinese state television reported on Sunday.

Beijing Television said it also called the man's mobile phone and appeared to connect with it before the call was cut off.

http://voiceofrussia...his-phone-1046/
  • Salustra, Shawn 1272, LoneStarr and 2 others like this
6 Will get you to where you want to go... 8 Will stop you dead in your tracks..... 3 6 9 brings the wine....

#10 breezy

breezy

Elder Member

• Moderators
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:29 AM

hmmm, would that indicate then that they are possibly hijacked and alive somewhere unknown?  Geeze the passenger on 9/11 thread comes to mind once again.

• Arc, Jessica and BelievingisSeeing like this

In Lak'ech Ala K'in

#11 triton

triton

Elder Member

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:04 AM

What was the name of that Island???? Kira??

I think evrybody should carry at least a AAA led torch and a pocket knife or multi tool/swiss army knife and spare batteries at all times-because we spend 50+% of our lives in the dark and shit happens. And NO you can't borrow mine!.

#12 breezy

breezy

Elder Member

• Moderators
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:06 AM

yes

In Lak'ech Ala K'in

#13 landdownunder

landdownunder

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 180 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:26 AM

nothing is normal about this, and i don't like the feeling i am getting from this.

• luk3, Shawn 1272, kandescent and 2 others like this

#14 triton

triton

Elder Member

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 1,287 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:41 AM

I havn't said till now but I feel somit very hazy about this plane-- phones connecting??  - its bollocks-- there is a disturbance in the force Luke :-

• Shawn 1272, BelievingisSeeing and deekin like this

I think evrybody should carry at least a AAA led torch and a pocket knife or multi tool/swiss army knife and spare batteries at all times-because we spend 50+% of our lives in the dark and shit happens. And NO you can't borrow mine!.

#15 Shawn 1272

Shawn 1272

• CHANI Subscriber
  • 246 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:00 AM

I have felt the same about this missing plane ,doesn't sit right with me
  • triton and BelievingisSeeing like this

#16 Salustra

Salustra

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

Radar Playback of the Moment Malaysia Flight 370 Vanished!

Published on Mar 8, 2014

Edited by Salustra, 10 March 2014 - 08:34 AM.

• Monatom and Porters like this
"The organized minority will beat the disorganized majority EVERY TIME" - Vladimir Lenin

#17 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

I can't believe there's still no news this morning. I was half expecting them to find some wreckage yesterday. Dare I say it? Time slips?  :o

• Shawn 1272 and BelievingisSeeing like this

Life is an echo.

#18 Lialilith

Lialilith

Advanced Member

• CHANI Subscriber
  • 336 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:06 AM

I get this excellent newsletter everyday and thought this article with it's 6 points were important things to share and ponder

http://www.naturalne...0_vanished.html

• Blue ET, Porters, Shawn 1272 and 2 others like this
“You have some queer friends, Dorothy,' she said.

The queerness doesn't matter, so long as they're friends,' was the answer”
? L. Frank Baum, The Road to Oz

#19 kerbie

kerbie

• A CHANI Sponsor
  • 84 posts
  • LocationRainy UK

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:18 AM

Interesting link Lialilith! I was wondering about the black box. It states in the article...

• Fact #1: All Boeing 777 commercial jets are equipped with black box recorders that can survive any on-board explosion

No explosion from the plane itself can destroy the black box recorders. They are bomb-proof structures that hold digital recordings of cockpit conversations as well as detailed flight data and control surface data.

• Fact #2: All black box recorders transmit locator signals for at least 30 days after falling into the ocean

Yet the black box from this particular incident hasn't been detected at all. That's why investigators are having such trouble finding it. Normally, they only need to "home in" on the black box transmitter signal. But in this case, the absence of a signal means the black box itself -- an object designed to survive powerful explosions -- has either vanished, malfunctioned or been obliterated by some powerful force beyond the worst fears of aircraft design engineers.

The mystery deepens...

Edited by kerbie, 10 March 2014 - 10:18 AM.

• Porters and Angel like this

Life is an echo.

#20 Porters

Porters

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

This doesnt sit right with me either. Makes me think alot about the TV show The Ev3nt. I'm not sure what to believe but dont think its a terrorist act. Mainly because if it was terrorist arent they out to make a point? Why would it disappear? Wouldnt they want people to know who they are and why they're doing it?

• Shawn 1272, LoneStarr, deekin and 1 other like this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users